Sunday, September 4, 2011

So… a little premature with the ‘post’ button on this blog… consider this part 2 to the above post! Here is a picture of some women who are still working in the rock quarry. I just can’t imagine. But then on the next day we went with our Restore contact to a couple of affiliated girls homes where girls who had been rescued from prostitution in the slums came to live, go to school and learn about Jesus. I cannot begin to describe the joy and enthusiasm we were greeted with when we pulled up to the girl’s home. Each girl scurried to open our door and then proceeded to hug us and grab our hand and take us inside to talk and give us some jewelry they had made. The love they had for us (who they barely knew) and for each other would have made people think they had grown up in a loving home where they saw that behavior modeled. Speaks to the transforming power of God, eh? And one of the girls, the one on the left in the photo, told me that she wanted to be an accountant when she grows up! Not many of those out there… so I told her that if she kept going she could be my boss someday… don’t know if that was close to a verbal contract, but I suppose our Deloitte lawyers could inform me on that one when I get back. All in all, there are so many stories here that could be so depressing, but there are so many more grateful faces that you would ever see in the US. So many things to think about…






5 comments:

  1. How beautiful to see God's redemption so much there! I'm so excited to be hearing that, Jess. Love you & praying for God to continue to move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blogged!! I can see your face!! this is so so so so soooo wonderful.

    many many times I have reached for my phone to tell you something and thought "shoot!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. and btw.. I LOVED what you have written here. What good things He has done and is doing... in your life too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the stories, Jess! This was so good to read. You are loved very dearly. Keep on keeping on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess! What good pictures! It was so good to see your your smile and hear your thoughts. I laughed out loud about your quasi verbal contract. Praise God for the things he is showing you... I pray we would all be so abounding in thanksgiving and generosity. reminds me of a verse we talked about at church this week.
    "Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving." Colossians 1:6-7
    You are indeed deeply loved!

    ReplyDelete